counter on blogger
Thursday, August 15, 2013
Gluten-Free at P.F. Chang's
Living in New York City, I am spoiled with the number of amazing gluten-free friendly restaurants I can choose from for any meal, day or night. I realize this is not the case for many people eating gluten-free across the country. I normally shy away from large chain restaurants because often you cannot get the personalized attention you need as a gluten-free diner. On the flip side, many of my readers enjoy dining at select gluten-free friendly chain restaurants since that is the only choice available in their area. P.F. Chang's is one of these restaurants. P.F. Chang's has a gluten-free menu and they serve all gluten-free dishes on a special plate to differentiate from other gluten-filled meals.

The nearest P.F. Chang's is about 25 miles away from my apartment and since I don't have a car, it is not easy for me to get there. I did take my celiac sister to P.F. Chang's for her 30th birthday a few years ago, but I haven't been back to that location since then. I did, however, have the opportunity to recently dine at P.F. Chang's in Portland, Oregon and I was not disappointed. There are so many gluten-free menu items (click on gluten-free), I didn't know where to start. Actually, that's a lie. I did know EXACTLY where to start and that was with the amazing chicken lettuce wraps. These things are so good that I could eat them all the time. I continued to share a few more gluten-free dishes with a friend and by the end of the meal you had to roll us out of the restaurant, we were that stuffed!

For a limited time this summer, P.F. Chang's is serving a seasonal summer menu featuring six new dishes. I am heading back to Portland, Oregon next week and definitely plan on checking out the summer menu before it is too late. One of the dishes I am excited to try is the Summer Vegetable Quinoa "Fried Rice" which is exclusive to this summer menu. P.F. Chang's has graciously provided me a gift card for this dining experience and I am excited to use it. Thanks P.F. Chang's!

Do you eat at P.F. Chang's? What is your favorite gluten-free menu item?


Financial compensation was not received for this post. A gift card was gifted from the company. Opinions expressed here are my own. 

Labels: , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Dennis H said...

We eat at PF Chang's any time we can, if you like scallops try their Gluten Free Lemon Scallops, they are not on the menu but they have them and they are great.

Anonymous Kim Rice said...

PF Chang's is one of my "safe" places to eat although I do have to say that I was accidentally "glutened" there before. The runner brought us the wrong dish and no one noticed until it was too late...always be sure to confirm that the food is on the right plate (round with PF logo). I wrote a complete blog post about eating out safely. www.thrivinggf.com My favorite dish at PF Chang's is the spicy chicken. I find I don't well with it though. I think it's because the chicken is coated in corn starch and I have issues with corn (as do many with gluten issues). I've switched over to the stir fry veggie dish (Buddha's feast?) and I do well with that.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer