counter on blogger
Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Holiday Weekend Hummus
I am not a cauliflower eater. I look at it and gag. I am not sure if it is the color or texture or what, but cooked/raw/steamed/whatever I just cannot eat cauliflower. Cauliflower is "low in fat, low in carbohydrates but high in dietary fiber, folate, water, and vitamin C, possessing a high nutritional density." Very healthy, but still not appetizing to me.

Ever since I read about this paleo hummus on the Greatist.com website a few weeks ago, I have been obsessed. The base of the hummus is made from cauliflower but with enough cumin, paprika, garlic, tahini, and a few long sessions in the food processor and you have one smooth and delicious treat. I've made this hummus three times now and all three times it was gone within days. I add it to crackers, carrots, cucumbers, and even chicken. It is yummy but most importantly at all, it has no resemblance to the original cauliflower. Thank goodness! I added spinach into the last batch of hummus and it was just as good.

Click here to access the full paleo hummus recipe from the Livin' Paleo website. This would be the perfect addition to your weekend BBQ.

Happy 4th everyone! 

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer