counter on blogger
Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Sad news from Trader Joe's
I was in Trader Joe's in NYC a few weeks ago and noticed my favorite Onion and Chive Corn Crackers were not on the shelf. I just assumed that they were sold out and forgot about it. Then, my mom called me this weekend with some really sad news. After speaking with a staff member at the Trader Joe's in Plainview, NY, she learned that these crackers were no longer for sale.

GASP

How can this be? This was one of my favorite gluten-free crackers on the market in ANY store. I even blogged about how much I love these little circles of deliciousness. My sister and I could easily polish off a box in one sitting and they were our go-to cracker of choice at all gatherings. At only $1.29 a box, I never bought less than 3 boxes at a time. Immediately I emailed Trader Joe's to find out the truth.

Sadly, the Onion and Chive Corn Crackers are no more.

Here was the response from Trader Joe's:

Thanks for contacting us. We have discontinued the Onion and Chive Corn Crackers in our stores due to slow sales. Because our stores have such limited space, if an item does not meet a minimum sales volume, we will discontinue it in order to bring in something we think will sell better. I will pass your comments on to our buyers for consideration. From time to time, if there is enough outcry to bring back a discontinued item and we are able to do so, we will give it another run.
Regards, 
NikkiCustomer Relations

I am disappointed that these crackers will not be a part of our Christmas day snacks. Nor will this be my go-to cracker for parties for both the gluten-eating and gluten-free.

Trader Joe's if you are reading this, please reconsider and bring back the cracker!

Labels: ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Sasha M said...

Let's see if we can get Trader Joe's to reconsider - Everyone go here and fill out the email form requesting they bring Corn and Chive crackers back!
http://www.traderjoes.com/about/product-information-form.asp
And let us know you did so by commenting here or on facebook

Anonymous Kim said...

OH, man!! I hate when that happens! There was a spread that had peppers & eggplant that I loved that they no longer make, too. :(

Kim

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer