counter on blogger
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
That Girl
Have you seen this video about Celiac Disease yet? It has been floating around the Internet within the gluten-free community for a couple of weeks now. It is a very real and emotional account of what it is like to live with Celiac Disease. As a life-long Celiac, I can relate to so much of this video and I am sure you can too. I tried reaching out to the student producer from UC Berkeley via Facebook to thank her for putting this together but haven't heard back yet. It is worth the watch and worth sharing with people that just don't get Celiac Disease.

That Girl
by Candice Bonaduce

Labels: , , ,



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you!!! that was a good video clip and I was a "picky eater" as a child and who knew that it was really Celiac? I was 42 when I was diagnosed. I know I have been excluded from social events because of my CD. I am blessed with my close group of friends who go out of their way to be sure I can safely eat when we get together, saving ingredient lists from packages so I can double check. For that I am truly thankful!
Katie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Candice, you have so many friends who do understand. It's tough in school. GFers embrace your project, but more importantly, YOU! Thank you for portraying a realistic experience of being gluten free by necessity. It's a medical requirement for living without poison for so many of us fortunate enough to be diagnosed. Imagine the millions who haven't been diagnosed yet. Gluten IS POISON to so many. Thank you for giving us a clear presentation of some of the implications we navigate daily.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer