counter on blogger
Thursday, August 18, 2011
Gluten-Free in College: Part 2
I don't think there is anything better than getting gluten-free college tips than from a college student herself. Since I am out of college for a while now, my advice is somewhat dated. No fear, my blogger friend Candice put out a great post just this week. Candice, of Embrace G-Free, is an amazing gluten-free blogger that I first met online at the end of 2010 when she won a contest on my website. In the beginning of 2011, Candice started blogging at Embrace G-Free and she has been balancing college and blogging with ease ever since! I've only met Candice in person 1.5 times (half being at the Mets game when we only waved to each other) but I think her positive attitude and friendly personality really come through in her blog.

Candice is heading back to college next week so she put together a great list of ten things to think about as a gluten-free college student. Below are some highlights from her post. You can read her entire post here.

  • Get yourself a Mini Refrigerator/ Freezer!
  • Stock Up
  • Always have a safe snack on hand.
  • Talk to your friends.
  • If you are on a meal plan, get in contact with your dining hall. (My biggest mistake in college was NOT doing this!)
  • If you cook for yourself, prepping is key!
  • Don't let your gluten intolerance hold you back, but do what makes you comfortable.
  • Bring your own toaster.
  • Do your homework, research local restaurants that are accommodating and stores that carry GF foods.
  • Most importantly, have fun and enjoy every moment of your college experience.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer