counter on blogger
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Caveman Cookies

This weekend, I was excited to share with my nieces the samples of Caveman Cookies that I received last week. My twin nieces are gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, and almost 100% grain-free. I knew they would be the perfect testers of these new cookies since it met all of their dietary restrictions.

Caveman Cookies are…
  • Made with nuts, honey and berries!
  • Certified Gluten-Free
  • Dairy-Free
  • A good source of protein
  • Kosher Certified
  • Just 65-75 calories per cookie (depending on the variety)
  • Consistent with the principles of the Paleolithic Diet (aka the “Caveman Diet”).
  • Satisfying due to the protein, dietary fiber, and good fats that they contain!

The girls each gobbled up one of the cookies. Although they were smaller than I expected, they were the perfect size for a four-year-old's snack. I only got a small bite of the Tropical Caveman Cookie because sharing is something my nieces are still working on. From what I tasted, the cookies had a nice flavor and interesting consistency. These cookies were moist but not really a cookie consistency. They were more the consistency of a fruit/nut bar such as Larabar. It wasn't a turn-off, it was just not what I expected. The girls liked the cookies and fought over the third sample. I tried to save it for their little brother but I am sure one of them snatched it up when I wasn't looking.

At $9.95 per 12 pack of cookies, I think these cookies are a bit expensive. If the cookies were larger, I could maybe justify buying a package of these cookies at that price. I do think Caveman Cookies have the advantage of being one of the only paleo cookies on the market. Next to the gluten-free diet, going paleo seems to be very popular at the moment.

Here are the nutritional labels of the cookies:

Learn more about Caveman Cookies at the Caveman Bakery website. http://www.cavemancookies.com

You can also find them on Twitter and Facebook.

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer