counter on blogger
Friday, March 11, 2011
Recipe of the Week: Erin's Mediterranean Chicken
My week flew by and before I knew it, it was Thursday morning and I had no recipe completed for the week. I put out a Twitter plea of HELP yesterday asking for some suggestions of what I could do with the two defrosted chicken breasts in my fridge. I got a few good ideas and one great idea that I am saving for a future Recipe of the Week feature, but then I got home late last night and needed to throw something at the last minute. With inspiration from the Roasted red pepper and chicken wrap recipe on the Mayo Clinic website, I put together what I am calling "Erin's Mediterranean Chicken" recipe. I had all of the ingredients in my kitchen and this was ready in less than 15 minutes. I would love feedback if you try this or make something similar.

Erin's Mediterranean Chicken

Ingredients
1 large chicken breast
2 tbsp. of your favorite hummus
1/3 jar of roasted red peppers
1 cup of frozen spinach, defrosted
1/4 cup of mozzerella cheese
1 gluten-free wrap (optional)

Directions

  1. Cook chicken breast on the stove top and defrost spinach in the microwave at the same time.
  2. Once chicken is cooked through, cover with hummus.
  3. Add roasted red peppers and spinach on top of the chicken breast.
  4. Add mozzarella cheese on top of the layers and let the cheese melt.
  5. You can turn this into a wrap or a sandwich very easily if you are in the mood.

No modifications to this recipe since it was kind of a slapped together success!

Labels: ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer