counter on blogger
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Gourmet Gluten-Free Soft Pretzels
A few weeks ago I read a press release announcing new gluten-free soft pretzels from Kim & Scott's Gourmet Pretzels. I was very interested to learn about the production process since they do produce regular pretzels and their customer service team has been really supportive in answering all my questions. Although I haven't tried these yet, I would definitely consider buying them when I find them in my local supermarket. They sound really delicious!


Gluten-Free Soft Pretzel Ingredients: Gluten Free Flour Blend (Tapioca Flour, Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Granulated Sugar, Xanthan Gum, Sea Salt, Sorghum Flour, Millet Flour, Quinoa Flour, Amaranth Flour, Teff Flour, Baking Powder and Quar Gum), Eggs, Filtered Water, Canola Oil, Yeast, Soda. Contains: Egg

Individuals with food allergies: Made in a facility that processes foods containing wheat and milk. Kim & Scott's is a nut-free facility.

Here is what they had to say:
Gluten Free pretzels are produced on clean and sanitized equipment as first product of the day. All gluten free packaging materials and ingredients are segregated from standard stocks. No additional production is initiated until all GF is packaged. 
Also...
  1. Ingredients for the gluten free items are stored in sealed containers.
  2. All ingredients, hand tools, gloves, hairnets, etc. used for other items are either cleaned and sanitized or removed from the production, baking, and packaging areas.
  3. The production, baking, and packaging areas are washed down with particular attention given to the product contact areas.
  4. Personnel are routed from the personnel areas to the production areas so that they do not come in contact with ingredients that might contain gluten.
  5. Only the sealed containers of ingredients for the gluten free product are brought into the production areas after the area has been cleaned.
  6. Production, baking and packaging areas are kept sealed off until the gluten free product is produced and packaged.
  7. To assure results, finished gluten free products are randomly sampled and checked for possible gluten contamination.

To learn more about Kim and Scott's Gourmet Pretzels, visit their website at http://www.kimandscotts.com/products/varieties/gluten-free/ or find them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/Kimandscotts. Visit their pages today to download coupons!

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous ourGFfamily.com said...

I am so beyond excited about soft pretzels. My daughter goes to camp and they serve soft pretzels every week and I am so excited to send these up to her. My son has never had a soft pretzel. I would love to try these with a little mustard as soon as I can find them. Can't wait til I can get my hands on some. Thanks for letting us know about them. I will ask my local store, Food Liberation, to carry them!

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer