counter on blogger
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Product Review: Crispy Kale Rhythm Chips
ZESTY NACHO HI RES.jpgBOMBAY CURRY HI RES.jpgKOOL RANCH HI RES.jpg



I was recently sent samples of the all-natural, raw, Crispy Kale Rhythm Chips in Kool Ranch, Zesty Nacho, and Bombay Curry flavors from Rhythm Superfoods. I was excited to try this snack because I am really into kale these days. These chips are raw, vegan, gluten-free, cholesterol-free, and GMO-free.

Kale is one of those "super foods" that I always read a lot about but was reluctant to try. I finally found a recipe for easy kale chips online, bought a huge bunch at a local produced stand, and after the second successful attempt at making the chips, I was hooked. I have now prepared kale as both chips and sauted with garlic and I love it. I always feel really healthy after I eat kale.

My coworker and I dove into the bag of Zesty nacho Rhythm Chips after lunch one day. Some of our initial thoughts were "this looks like fish food", "what is this little white packet" (it was silica gel!), "how do you eat this?", and "what a mess!" The product wasn't really chip-like at all, but more of a crushed mess of kale and other raw veggies. Despite the lack of chip, the flavor was great. There was just enough nacho flavor to make this a yummy snack. The bag is two servings but I easily polished it off one sitting.

The ingredients for these chips are simple: fresh kale, fresh red bell pepper, fresh zucchini, fresh carrot, cashews, fresh onion, lemon juice, vegan nutritional yeast, fresh garlic, apple cider vinegar, spices, sea salt. There are 106 calories per serving and 2 servings per bag. You can easily finish the whole bag in one sitting, so I would consider this a ~200 calorie snack.

I really liked the Zesty Naco Rhythm Kale Chips and I am sure I will like the Kool Ranch as well. I am not a huge curry fan, but I will give Bombay Curry a try. The only problem I have with these Kale Chips is the price. Online they are $29.99 for only 6 bags!! I find this to be a insanely expensive snack food. I do appreciate the raw food process, but this is way out of budget for me to eat on anything but a special occasion.

From the Rhythm Kale Chip bag:
Kale is a nutritional powerhouse. It's rich in powerful anti-oxidants, phyto nutrients and carotenoids. Kale is also an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and K, calcium, maganese, copper, potassium, and fiber.
Rhythm Chips are flavored from delicious hand-crafted dressings created from the perfect blend of fresh vegetables, nuts, juices, herbs and spices. Instead of frying, these chips are air crisped at a low temperature, which maintains the living enzymes and maximizes nutritional potency. Fresh from the garden -- into this bag -- Rhythm Crispy Kale Chips will help you live your life to a healthy new beat!
Rhythm Superfoods is our ever-growing line of delicious, nutrient-rich raw snacks brought to you by the good folks at Daily Juice in Austin. Serving up fresh and innovative vegan cuisine since 2003, we procure organic and local ingredients whenever possible, and continually strive to reduce waste when we make our amazing foods..."

Click here for more information.

Labels: , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They're so easy to make at home - I'm not sure why anyone would pay that much money. Although if I was out and about and they stocked these kinds of snacks at the local 7-11, I'd be more apt to buy them when the munchies hit. ;)

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer