counter on blogger
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Naked Pizza in South Beach Miami
I went to Miami in August for a debaucherous friends weekend. It was much mellower than planned, but fun nonetheless. South Beach was just beautiful. Laying out from sun-up to sun-down each day was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Prior to my trip, I was emailing a bunch of South Beach restaurants asking for gluten-free menus. Unfortunately, I heard back from very few. I did find a website called Naked Pizza announcing a grand opening and "coming soon" in South Beach. They listed gluten-free pizza in a menu, so I thought this was promising. Unfortunately, the website still listed the South Beach location as "coming soon."



Much to my surprise, Naked Pizza South Beach was open when I was there in August! Apparently they opened the third week of August, which luckily coincided with my vacation!

The concept behind Naked Pizza is to start with a "naked" pie and build your pizza with sauces, cheeses, and toppings. They have some really fun icons on their menu to represent "flora (you know, plants)," "fauna (for the carnivores)," cheese, and crust options. The gluten-free crust is a rice-based crust and available in medium size only.

Overall, I was really pleased with the gluten-free pizza I got at Naked Pizza. I got pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and bell peppers. The crust was crisp and the flavor was good. Eating it on the beach was even better! If you are in South Beach definitely check out the gluten-free pizza from Naked Pizza.

Naked Pizza
1260 Washington Ave.
Miami, FL 33139
Phone: (305) 809-8595

For more information including additional Naked Pizza locations, visit their website: http://www.nakedpizza.biz

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer