counter on blogger
Monday, November 8, 2010
Celiac Disease: What Kids Have to Say
This video brought tears to my eyes and brought back so many memories. Being diagnosed at the age of three, this was my life growing up. Feeling different, feeling limited, not being able to buy hot lunch at school! I feel for these kids big time. I want to hug them and tell them they are lucky to be alive today with so many gluten-free options. Back in the early 1980s, I wasn't so lucky. I love the end of the video where the kids start talking about being "normal" and all of their activities.

Thank you Children's Hospital Boston for this great video!

Labels: ,



6 Comments:

Anonymous Craig Pinto said...
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very uplifting!

Thank you for sharing this. I just passed it along to my R.O.C.K. group (NYNJ R.O.C.K.) via our Facebook page (and gave you a little plug, of course). Thanks for ALL of your wonderful posts!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

People can be cruel in their bubble of ignorance. Let's talk openly to people of all ages to help them understand we each must eat what helps us best to develop, to grow. Education is the best means to eliminate ignorance.

As they say in this video, it can be uncomfortable being singled out. Life can be a challenge to navigate as it is without making fun of gluten free-ers' food choices. Thank you, children, for sharing your experiences.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GREAT VIDEO BUT MADE MY 9 YEAR OLD CRY. I THOUGHT SHE WAS SO WELL ADJUSTED AFTER 3 YEARS .

Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you all for your comments. This video really hit a sentimental note in my heart. To the last commenter, I have been gluten-free for almost thirty years now and thought I was well-adjusted too. I think this video just makes you realize that we are all in this gluten-free life together.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer