counter on blogger
Monday, August 16, 2010
I Loved, I Lost, I Made (Gluten-Free) Spaghetti
Back in January, I spent a cold weekend home reading a great book called I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti: A Memoir of Good Food and Bad Boyfriends by Giulia Melucci. This book was such a fun read and I finished it in less than 24 hours. I found myself laughing out loud and relating to so much of the book. From the quirky NYC men, the tiny kitchen, and the cooking, I felt like so much of my life was written on the pages of that book! I was inspired to try some of Giulia's recipes that cold January weekend. Her recipes are so easy to adapt by using gluten-free pasta. I was so inspired by this book, that I actually wrote to the author to thank her for putting together such a fun memoir. Much to my surprise, the author wrote me back. Here is what Ms. Melucci had to say:

Dear Erin,

Thanks for writing! I'm happy to hear you've found a way to make the recipes work. You could probably use rice for some of them too.

I wish you a New Year filled with love and lots of delicious things to eat.
Giulia


Not only was it a fun book to read, but the author took the time to write back to a fan. I thought this was an especially nice touch. If you are looking for a light-hearted memoir full of yummy recipes, pick up I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti: A Memoir of Good Food and Bad Boyfriends today!

Not only does she have a great book, but Giulia also has an amazing playlist on her website. One of my all time favorite songs, Destiny by Zero 7, is her closer song!

www.giuliamelucci.com
www.ilovedilostimadespaghetti.com

Labels: ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Gluten frree pasta said...

there is a huge verity of gluten free pasta, from different company,s u should search for it, also u can have all kind of recipe almost the same as regulator pasta

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer