counter on blogger
Friday, April 23, 2010
Gluten Free: Millions Have Celiac, Few Diagnosed
This article was originally printed in the Long Island Press on April 15, 2010. Originally from Long Island, it is nice to see some local press picking up an issue such as Celiac Disease. As usual with articles such as this, there is a very heated comments section at the end of the article.

The legal battles in this article are quite intriguing. I was diagnosed in the early 1980s and I think my parents were so uninformed about Celiac (as many were in the mid-1980s) that none of this would have ever crossed their minds. My parents did little things like making sure that I had gluten-free snacks for my birthday, but other than bringing my own lunch every single day of school. There was no aide involved in my eating in school, there was no filing of 504, etc. I wonder if they would have reacted differently if I was a student today. There is so much more information available than there was 30 years ago, it is seriously mind blowing.



Gluten Free: Millions Have Celiac, Few Diagnosed
The disease that has many sick Americans going against the grain
By Jaclyn Gallucci on Apr 15th, 2010

Labels: , ,



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer