counter on blogger
Sunday, October 28, 2007
Ener-G Foods to Support Victims of the S. California Wildfires
I just got back from a very interesting vacation in San Diego. My second day in So Cal there were over 5 wildfires burning in San Diego County. By my third day, more than 50% of my hotel was filled with fire evacuees. It was quite a scary time to be there, but I worked hard for my vacation and I decided to stay. I had to cancel my trip to Palm Springs since every way out of San Diego county that I had planned for was blocked by fires. I wanted to avoid driving through any potential unsafe zones, so I extended my time in San Diego. Let me tell you, it isn't a bad place to be "trapped" but I just wish it had been under different circumstances. People were enormously generous to the over 500,000 evacuees but I couldn't help but wonder what people with Celiac Disease were to do when most of the food donated was stuff we couldn't eat. David, of Gluten-Free NYC, posted about gluten-free food for evacuees and I think it is important to get the word out.

Today while I was searching the internet, I also found out that Ener-G Foods is coordinating food donations with the Celiac Disease Foundation and the American Red Cross to help those on restricted diets. People affected by the wildfires can contact the Celiac Disease Foundation for more information on how to obtain these donated foods:

Celiac Disease Foundation
Elaine Monarch
www.celiac.org
1-818-990-2354
cdf@celiac.org

If you wish to contribute to the Disaster Relief Fund, please contact:

American Red Cross
PO Box 37243
Washington DC 20013
www.redcross.org
1-800-REDCROSS

Please consider donations specifically for the California Wildfire Disaster Relief Fund. From being there, I know first hand the devastation these people are going through. My heart and prayers go out to Southern California.

Labels: , , , , ,



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Ener-G! That's awesome of them.

Post a Comment

<< Home

©2007-2018 Gluten-Free Fun
footer